Chris Schwab – Local Business Outsourcing: How Virtual Assistants Can Make an Impact in Your Local Business (AoL 127)
<iframe width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”no” src=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/473901213&color=ff5500″></iframe>
Starting a business comes natural to many people. You see a need and you deliver a solution. Suddenly, you have a business. Many small businesses are you’re everyday cleaners, mechanics, and other local service providers.
In a world where making passive income and traveling the world is a fairly well known lifestyle, it might seem that these local business owners might have missed the boat.
How can someone who performs services in real life like painting or cleaning make their business more passive? How can they move their business from one where they own the job to a business that they actually own?
Today’s guest, Chris Schwab, is a young entrepreneur who’s figured it out. He started his cleaning business with the end in mind back when he was in college. Today, he lives in London while running this Washington, DC based business.
Think it’s too good to be true for you?
Listen in as we hear how he uses virtual assistants in a way that many of us might not consider!!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Chris become a ‘citizen of the world’? 8:24
- What’s a place that he perceived one way but when he actually experienced it, it was completely different? 9:40
- How’d he realize that traveling was going to be a long term lifestyle after graduation? 10:55
- How did he come up with how to run a cleaning business remotely? 12:16
- How does someone find reliable people to be part of their remote business? 14:01
- What are some skills that Chris would say need to be utilized in running a business remotely? 18:13
- How does he find the discipline to make sure that the business is running smoothly? 19:43
- Who should consider working with Chris and his VAs? 25:13
- What’s his new project “Local Business Hustlers” all about? 35:09
- What’s he looking forward to in the upcoming future? 39:20
- Who’s Chris’ 3 top influential people in his life? 40:31
- What’s a gift he loves giving others? 41:23
- How does he stop the feeling of being overwhelmed when it he feels it creeping in? 41:48
- What’s his favorite social custom from around the world? 42:33
- What is something that he would want all high school students to know? 43:42
- Is there a tip Chris would offer that would allow traveling to be easier for people? 44:19
- What’s the secret to personal freedom? 45:16
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chris Online: Think Maids, Inova Local, Local Business Hustlers, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Cohost: Harrison Painter
- Session Sponsor: Fizzle – Fizzle Podcast Episode on Small Group Programs (And How to do One!)
- Gregory Diehl AoL Interview
- Steve Atlas
- Tim Ferriss
- Rohan Gilkes
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Automating a Cleaning Business (part 1 of Chris’ Journey)
How to Expand Your Cleaning Company Services (part 2 of Chris’ Journey)
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!
Harrison Painter is the Founder/CEO of Amplify Indy and serves as Marketing/Communication Committee Chairman to non-profit COFFE (Community Outreach for Financial Education). He is a U.S. Navy veteran and Google Certified marketing professional who has had two of his marketing companies acquired, one privately and one publicly.